Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Adventure in the woods and a new scarf for fall!


Hi everyone,
I can't hardly believe how fast September is going! The leaves are changing colors here, but they are not great yet.  I certainly don't want to rush the fall! I just finished up a new scarf pattern especially for Autumn! Here is my Fall Foliage Lace Scarf worked in a lovely fingering yarn from KnitPicks in Palette.  The color is called "Sweet Potato". I designed this scarf with lots of leaves to give that fall foliage atmosphere to the scarf. You can find my scarf pattern in Ravelry, Craftsy or Etsy for $3.99. here are some links:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fall-foliage-lace-scarf

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/accessory/fall-foliage-lace-scarf/70327

http://www.etsy.com/listing/163833220/fall-foliage-lace-scarf

I have over the past year taken my photos of my scarves out in my yard near the house. But recently the Landlord came through and would you believe it--he cut down my favorite branches!!! I used to hang my scarves on them. So needless to say I decided to hunt for more branches or rocks for use as a photo-shoot! I took some pictures of the trees and other things like the puffballs! My yard has not gotten its full color yet, but there were some pretty spots here and there for me to share!

Along the way I saw a cute little chipmunk perched on a nearby rock. He stayed right there so I could take his picture. I then walked down over the bank below my house, and looking down I saw the cute little puffball cluster! I thought the woods though still mostly green was still pretty in some spots. Maybe this weekend they will be even prettier! One tree looking up was gorgeous!!

First a few pictures of the scarf, then the yard!









puffballs




Chipmunk on top of rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment