Thursday, August 29, 2013

An August knit--Muriels Diamond Lace Scarf pattern and an adventureous scenery stop!







Hi everyone!

Here is a new pattern and a bit of an adventure for August!

I just created this lovely pink scarf pattern which is dedicated to my dear friend Muriel.  She is a hard working woman who is sweet and friendly and compassionate. She loves her family very much.

This scarf pattern is fun to knit. The color was chosen by Muriel and I designed it with a diamond design, as  you will be able to see by the pictures below. This will be the second pattern that will eventually be featured in an eBook, as a collection of scarves designed with a friend in mind!

You can purchase this pattern to knit through Etsy, Craftsy or Ravelry--your choice. The price is the same in any case. Here are links to my pattern stores

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MerryMelodyDesigns

 http://www.craftsy.com/user/53526/pattern-store

 http://www.ravelry.com/designers/melody-hadley





I have really enjoyed this August here in Maine! I expected hot and humid weather to last for days, but instead we got some cool crisp days--almost fall like! I think August will end with it being humid again, but too soon it will stay cool!

The other day my husband and I went to the dump and across from there is a picnic area.  Now I have lived around these parts for nearly 25 years and not once have we stopped there to look around.  For once I decided to stop and take pictures and explore!  I followed a lovely path out to a knoll where there was a picnic table and a large stone fireplace. Under the trees was so pleasant and charming. The picnic area is situated right beside a pond. Here are some pictures which I thought came out pretty!  It smelled so nice under the pines! I want to go back in the fall and have a picnic there with my hubby!  Anyone want to go for a picnic with me?











No comments:

Post a Comment