Saturday, April 12, 2014

Estonian Rapture

Hi friends!
Spring is welcome here finally!! I am so happy to see the pussy willows and Robins!  And here in Maine with all its snow--I can see land!!! Ha Ha!

This winter and spring I have been enraptured by Estonian lace knit stitches. So, being inspired by that, I have designed some scarves and a dainty shawl with some of those lovely stitches!  They are all available in my pattern stores in Ravelry, Craftsy and Etsy!


Here to start is my lacy scarf--Airy Leaves Lace Scarf. It is so pretty once its is blocked out to open up the lace! Next, I have the Grape Ivy Lace Scarf. It has lovely leaves running up through it! It would be pretty in any color!



Then we have the Estonian Fantasy Lace Scarf worked in a tonal lace weight yarn. It features lots of nupps, which are really quite fun to knit once you get the hang of it, a lovely diamond lace with fern sides. It is so pretty in the yarn from Knitpicks. I really enjoyed this scarf so much.









And one of my favorite works of art--Estonian Enchantment Shawl! I am so pleased with the finished look of this shawl. It looked bunchy when I was knitting it, but after it was blocked--WOW! It is just so gorgeous! This was knitted in lace weight yarn as well, and it is dainty and fit for a bride!




If you would like more information on any of these patterns that sell for $3.99 each you can check out these links to my stores. You will be able to see more pictures of each of these patterns!


http://www.ravelry.com/designers/melody-hadley
http://www.craftsy.com/user/53526/pattern-store
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MerryMelodyDesigns



No comments:

Post a Comment